Thursday, January 16, 2014

Blink. And you might miss it.

Much like September, October flew in and flew out of our lives before we even knew it! 

We started the month with General Conference. Which, I have now learned, is nearly impossible to watch with an almost-one-year old.

Roland got a new high chair. He loves to eat his meals with Collin and me. 
Some of Roland's favorite foods include; shredded cheese, blueberries, anything cheesy, smushed carrots, hot dogs, crackers, rice, beans, and, of course, anything sweet.

At the beginning of the school year I got called to be a Seminary substitute. During October I got to sub for a few weeks. It was SO MUCH FUN! I love the scriptures, and I love to teach. It made for some very early, and very enjoyable mornings.

 Roland and I spend a lot of time at the grocery store. It is getting harder and harder to keep him entertained while I shop. Recently, he discovered the basket part of the shopping cart. Now he loves to stand up in the basket and play with all of our items before we purchase them


Roland also discovered how many wonderful things there are to destroy in the bathroom. He loves to unwind the toilet paper, empty the cabinets, and splash in the toilet. 
Needless to say, we now keep our bathroom doors closed.

With the weather finally cooling down, we hiked up to the first look-off on Camelback Mountain. It was beautiful! Roland was such a trooper. I can't wait until he is able to climb on his own so we can enjoy some more hiking together!



We try to keep busy everyday by visiting our family and friends and occasionally going 
on mini adventures. Roland has become a professional car seat napper on our drives to Chandler to visit Nanny and the Aunties. 


 Roland sustained his first real head wound with a serious bonk-to-the-noggen while staying at Nanny's house. He was playing with his Auntie Tessa and turned around right into the corner of a metal post to the back door. Ouchy! He had quite the goose egg for a few days! 

 I completed a HALF MARATHON in the middle of October. My Friend Heidi and I ran it together. It was awesome! Running behind Heidi helped me achieve my fastest pace ever. I completed in it 2 hours and 15 minutes. It felt great.
As I crossed the bridge and came around the final turn toward he finish line I was so excited to see Collin, Roland, my mom, and Aunt Linda there to cheer me on! It was so encouraging to feel so much love and support.