Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Welcome To Our Family Baby Ro

Roland's predicted due date came and went without so much as a single contraction. He decided he'd better wait to be born on his Great-Grandmother Gigi Crouch's birthday, November 29th.
Collin and I checked into the hospital (after a run through the Taco Bell drive-thru) around 5:00pm on November 28th. The labor and delivery unit was busy - it was a full moon that night - so our induction time was pushed back 3 hours to a little after 10:00pm. 
My mom came and stayed the night with us as we waited the initial 12 hours before I was ready to start 
the pitocin. It would still be another 11 hours before we got to me our sweet baby boy. But when he came, he made quite the entrance! His size surprised the nurses and doctors. 
Dr. Nelson kept repeating, "Oh, he's big. He's gonna be big."
Sure enough, John Roland Gosch arrived at
9lbs 12oz, 21inches.
A BIG healthy boy!
I looked at him for the first time and thought to myself, I don't know you yet, but I love you!
Over the next 24 hours all of our family came to the hospital to meet Baby Ro!
 

 That first night was one of utter exhaustion. 
We were so grateful for the safe delivery of our healthy baby boy.
 We love you Baby Roland!