Tuesday, July 12, 2011

By Dawn's Early Light and Afternoon Too!

I don't know how he does it?
It's like "Spidey-Sense" or something.
If there's good food cooking within 1,000 feet of where we are, Collin will find it!
This time is happened to be an Asian street fair in
Washington D.C.
He got BBQ steak and I got sushi, the perfect combination.
Washington D.C. is only about 2 hours from where we live in PA.
It would probably even be a little less than that, if you
were alone on the roads. We came across
some very straaange drivers on our way to and from
the Capital. (But luckily, we made it out alive!)

After our feast of Asian street fair food we walked down to the
National Mall. Behind us is the Capital Building, not the
White House (just in case you were
a little confused like I was!)
We spent the next 5 hours or so wandering in and out of all the
museums lining the the National Mall. We searched around
the National Air and Space Museum, the National Gallery of Art, the National
Museum of Natural History, and the National Museum of American History.

The Museum American History was our favorite.
Collin loved the war exhibit.
There was a large tribute to all the wars The United States had
been involved in since becoming a nation.
There was a large display of WWII propaganda, with posters
from the time encouraging the U.S. citizens to support their soldiers.
(This picture is for Kylie because it's something hysterically dramatic she would have loved.)
My favorite section of the museum was the First Ladies exhibit!
On display in 2 rooms were
dresses worn by almost all of the first ladies. I loved this
part, such a creative tribute to the women in the White House!
This is Michelle Obama's addition.
She is so poised and elegant. I really think she fits the title of First Lady.
Annnnd, I had to have Collin take a picture of me with
these first edition sewing machines. :]
I'm already laughing just thinking about this next picture!
I love flowers, so Collin suggested I
take a picture in front of these pretty yellow ones.
Literally one second after this picture was taken a tour group on Segways
(yes, segways, those standing motor machines)
came to a halt just short of us...
All but ONE that is!
One segway tourist didn't quite make the stop,
began to spin out of control, hit the sidewalk curb,
and fell over! It was scary to watch,
until she popped up off the
sidewalk without so much as a cut!
Each time I replay that scene over in my head I get a little chuckle!
After finishing out our time in the museums, Collin and I walked to the
base of the Washington Monument. It's atop of a small
hill. You can see almost all of the city up there.
From there I took a picture of the White House.
And my very favorite picture of the day :]